Monday, September 15, 2008

Exercise #10 Wikis

We recently started using wikis in our library in place of meetings. The reaction has been mixed. Some folks like them, some don't. Some still prefer email. But almost everyone was happy that the wiki cut down on having to attend so many meetings.

One of my favorite wikis is: http://seriesbinder.lishost.org/index.php/Main_page. I like the layout of it and find it is easy to use. I tried to make a similar wiki using the books and props I use for story time, but I didn't get far. Does anyone know if you can copy and paste information from a Word document or from a Google document into a wiki? I have most of the wiki laid out in a word document (which I started years ago before I learned about wikis), but I haven't had time to sit down and create the wiki. If you want to look at my poor attempts, here is the address: http://spplstorykits.pbwiki.com. (Although I should warn you: there isn't any content to it yet.)

No comments: